Q: My honda city here in phil. has CVT w 24k km on it do you think it will last 200k km?? I drive fast and use paddle shifters often

asked by on February 21, 2018

Here in the philippines my honda city 1.5L CVT has 24k km mileage on it and i am afraid that it wont last a long time (200k km) do you think CVT trans. are that bad? I often drive fast and use paddle shifters sometimes to accelerate more quicker. The car is still 1.5yr old so far the throttle body has been cleaned due to rising and dropping of RPM idle and front brake pads are replaced.

My car has a CVT transmission.

The best way to ensure that a transmission will last as long as it possibly can is to change the fluid at the recommended intervals and to drive the vehicle with care. Oftentimes increasing the RPMs very high for a long period of time can cause damage to the transmission and engine.