I have a 2009 ford flex. I have intermittent problems wit...

Q: I have a 2009 ford flex. I have intermittent problems with the coolin fan causing overheating. The fan will attempt to turn on and

asked by on March 18, 2017

The cooling fan works intermittently. It will turn in for a few seconds and then shut off causing overheating.

Hi there. Typically this type of problem is an indicator of a fan motor that is failing and needs to be replaced. The fact that it causes a rise in engine temperature is alarming, which might indicate other cooling system issues. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is overheating inspection so they can inspect your vehicle completely and recommend the right repairs that will resolve this issue.