Q: I have a 2009 ford flex. I have intermittent problems with the coolin fan causing overheating. The fan will attempt to turn on and

The cooling fan works intermittently. It will turn in for a few seconds and then shut off causing overheating.

Hi there. Typically this type of problem is an indicator of a fan motor that is failing and needs to be replaced. The fact that it causes a rise in engine temperature is alarming, which might indicate other cooling system issues. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is overheating inspection so they can inspect your vehicle completely and recommend the right repairs that will resolve this issue.

3. I have a 2009 ford flex. I have intermittent problems with the coolin fan causing overheating. The fan will attempt to turn on and