Q: What are the chances it could be the fuel relay that is stalling my car?

My car was sitting in idle and stalled for the first time. I thought it was due to being low on gas so I put in fuel and it ran for another few days then I had it sitting in idle while I talked to someone and it stalled out and didn't restart back up. I don't hear the noise from the fuel pump and my mechanic said that he thinks it is the fuel pump. I was wondering what the chances of it being the fuel relay instead? My car has an automatic transmission.

3. What are the chances it could be the fuel relay that is stalling my car?