Q: Water gauge normal position after warmed up

Just bought car and gauge runs ar half mark is that normal it has good coolant new radiater

Hello, thank you for writing in. The coolant temperature needle should be in the middle of the gauge. The gauges without actual temperatures on them are known as "dummy" gauges because they tell the general story without giving real information. The general public steered away from knowing what the temperatures stood for, so the industry went with it. Keep in mind these temperature sensors are only supposed to measure liquid, and will not read air temperature. With that said, the coolant level must be full in order to give an appropriate reading on the gauge. If the gauge reaches H, the engine needs to be shut off immediately or damages will occur. Temperatures that high melt and destroy the engine components. The cooling system is critical to the lifespan of the vehicle, so make sure to keep it midway. Flushing the system once in a while is a good way to keep clogs from developing. Too low, or too high is not a good sign of engine function. For any future help with the cooling system, contact our service department.

3. Water gauge normal position after warmed up