Q: Do have any idea what to look at first.

Was driving at about 35 mph noticed a tighten in my steering. About a minute or 2 later I went to up shift and my car shut for. I tried to restart but it won't. It turns over but it sounds muffled. No strang smiles or smoke oil is fine. Just need a idea of where to start looking for the problem thank you in advance.

A: The first thing I would check is to see if ...

The first thing I would check is to see if you broke a belt. The power steering pump is driven by a belt, and if it breaks, you will have loss of power steering and the wheel will be much harder to turn. The belt could also turn other components needed for proper operation, like the alternator. If the battery gets too weak, the vehicle does not have the power to fully start. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, determine the exact cause of your steering concern.