Q: Vehicle is shaking when braking from above 35 mph

I believe the issue to be in the front brakes, could be back. When vehicle is moving their is a sound like a piece of the brake pad is in constant contact with the rotor or something. There are no grooves worn into the rotors on any wheel. I assume the issue could be a failing part like a caliper or another part not easily diagnosed by an amateur like myself. Not a very noticeable loss in braking power if at all any. Steering wheel has slight movement twitch back and forth about 1cm travel each way when driving above 30 mph. Might be a separate issue. Thanks again for the assistance ! -Sam

A: Hi there. From what you're describing, ...

Hi there. From what you're describing, the squeaking noise is common with a brake pad on the front of the vehicle that is wearing down to the wear indicator mark that is making contact with the rotor. This could be caused by multiple issues, including the brake pad is sticking due to lack of pad depth, the rotor is warped or there is low brake fluid. To solve this issue, you're probably going to want to have your brake pads replaced and have the rotors inspected; to determine what the right course of action to resolve this.