Q: Used torque converter that came with Transmission and won't change into high gear.

Exchanged v-6 engine for 305ci v-8 engine, with transmission that would not change into high gear, left torque converter that came on that engine, & used my transmission that came with my v-6 engine, & now transmission won't change into high gear. Could it be that the torque converter was bad from the beginning, & I need to used converter that came with my transmission from v-6.??

Hi there. A worn torque converter will not cause the transmission to just loose the top gears only. A worn torque converter will cause the transmission to not drive or to have a lack of power to the wheels. The transmission is most likely slipping the 3 / 4 clutch in your transmission. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.

• Used torque converter that came with Transmission and won't change into high gear.