Q: Trying to start the car the dash lights work but there is no click, silent when turning the key.

When I try to start the car all the lights will turn on. There is no sound when turning the key. This happens occasionally. Sometimes the car starts no problem. There is a new battery. Seems there is no power going to the starter. Radio, headlights, dash lights come on. There is absolutely no sound when turning the key

A: The shift cable sometimes will have bad cab...

The shift cable sometimes will have bad cable ends and it will not go all the way to park to start the vehicle. Try moving the shifter to reverse, neutral, and drive and hold the brake and try to crank the engine in each gear. If it does start, then in another gear be careful to hold brake and put on parking brake. Check the cable end at the transmission to see if the end needs to be replaced. The dealer does not sell a repair grommet but will sell the entire cable only. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your starting issue before moving forward with repairs.