Q: trany malfunction light came on while driving , stopped car turned off then re-started and ca reset&drove normally. now wont reset

Transmission malfunction light came while on freeway, had to limp off stop car and turn engine off. After waiting a few minutes re-started car lights were gone and car drove normally. This happened about 2 more times after this always reset after turning car off for a few minutes. Last week did it again but will not reset. Car has been sitting for about a week, start it and transmission failure light comes on along with check engine light. A few months ago I was having problems with car not starting so replaced battery and car worked fine,however i have been on multiple forums that state I needed to have the battery programmed to the car. So could this be a battery issue?

3. trany malfunction light came on while driving , stopped car turned off then re-started and ca reset&drove normally. now wont reset