Q: DTC code P0106

Check engine light illuminated. DTC code P0106. Cleared the code. Light illuminated on next engine start. 2nd time this has happened. Cleared itself last time. Is this a failing MAP sensor, vacuum leak or loose gas cap? If vacuum leak, where is the most common leak location for this vehicle?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The most likely cause of the issue is a bad MAP sensor. Before changing it out, you will want to check for any other obvious signs of problems. These would include frayed or damaged wires in the MAP sensor’s circuit, a vacuum leak in the air intake ducts, or physical damaged to the sensor itself. You can also test the MAP sensor by measuring the voltage increase with a voltmeter as you rev the engine. Only further inspection will tell. For more help from our technicians, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. DTC code P0106