Q: What do you think the problem is?

asked by on February 27, 2017

Last month I did an oils change on my car after the oil change my oil light kept blinking after that oil change but my car has oil and it would turn of while I was driving it and then the day before yesterday I was driving it all of the sudden it started shaking and it turned of and when I turned it back on the check I gone light was on and it was just shaking!

Engine is shaking, pulsating or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement $88.87 - $220.77 Get a Quote
Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

First check the engine oil and see if there is any oil. If there is no oil on the dipstick, then the auto shop that performed the oil change did not put any oil in the engine. That would cause the engine to stall out and begin shaking as the parts are not lubricated. If there is oil on the dipstick, then either the oil pump is not working or the oil pressure sending unit has failed causing the computer to think that the oil pump is not working. The best thing to do is put an external oil pressure gauge on the engine and see if the engine has oil pressure greater than 25 psi.

If so, then the oil pressure sending unit needs replaced.

If there is no oil pressure, then the oil pump has failed.