Q: Transmission lines /oil rings

I took the oil rings out of the transmission because the new transmision lines wouldn't fit but now it leaked all the fluid out need to know why they wouldn't fit into the TRANSMISION and the was a little spacing that was round that was between the two oil rings in each side of the transmision need to know wat that is is because i lost one please.

The piece between the O-rings is a Teflon ring. You should get replacement fittings to go in the transmission and radiator to fit your new lines. You must have gotten the wrong year lines if they are not fitting your fittings. Bring your old fittings with you to make sure you get the bigger size fittings. If you want to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the transmission fluid leak and let you know how to best proceed.

3. Transmission lines /oil rings