Q: Toyota 7afe. Replaced cyl head with VRS kit. Runs but pushes oil out cam cover/cam seal. Only 60psi in cyl 2, 3. 180psi in 1,4

I've replaced the cylinder head with new gaskets. Engine now runs but oil leaks from the cam cover at the timing gear side. Cylinders 2 and 3 only have 60 psi. 1 and 4 have 180 psi. What are probable causes, remedies?

I would first re-visit the valve adjustment. If any of the valves on the low cylinders are just a little bit too tight, it can give you low compression. Let’s hope that is what it is because any other solution means taking the cylinder head back off. If you solve that problem, then start to worry about the oil leak. Check carefully the drain hole behind the oil seal. That’s where the oil that squeezes out of the cam bearing can go back into the engine. If the hole is blocked, the oil can go nowhere but out the seal. Many people make the mistake of applying sealant around the outside rim of a seal. None is required and it is often this sealant that blocks the drain. If you decide to get help with this, You can contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician out to your home or office to check out your Toyota and tell you what is the solution.

3. Toyota 7afe. Replaced cyl head with VRS kit. Runs but pushes oil out cam cover/cam seal. Only 60psi in cyl 2, 3. 180psi in 1,4