Q: Total electrical failure, no idea how

Sometimes I go to start up my 2010 Volkswagen Jetta and absolutely nothing turns on. The battery is dead for no reason. I can jump it the first few times this happens, but then I have to replace it. This happens quite often and is not a fun problem to have, especially in the winter. Any idea what could be causing this in a fairly new car with 78,000 miles on it?

The battery is being drained down by a circuit or component which is drawing in excess of 50 milliamps. Volkswagen issued a technical service bulletin (TSB) 15-03, dated 03/12/2015, which advises checking for excessive draw to the battery and isolation of the circuit in your fuse panel that is drawing milliamps in excess of the rated specifications. After isolation of the circuit, further diagnosis as to why the circuit or component fails will need to be done. You can contact YourMechanic for a diagnosis of your battery not charging, and they can handle repairs as needed.

3. Total electrical failure, no idea how