Q: There is something amiss with the performance of my car, but no warnings saying what.

I'm always driving my car, so I know when something's wrong. When I start it up it idles really rough. I've replaced a ton of stuff already. My temperature gauge is running low. My heater blows out cold semi warm air. I'm constantly sneezing inside of my car. I have replaced all the filters. I have replace the blower motor. I have replaced the idler air valve thing. I have replaced the antifreeze coolant reservoir. I have replace the idler pulley, tensioner belt pulley, and serpentine belt. I have flushed the coolant out of my car twice. But my coolant is a brown looking color. I replaced a sensor that controls the lights. Recently had an oil change done. I live in my car so I travel everywhere. I have lived in some cold areas. And I start my car at night to warm up, about 3x a night. It runs really rough. It feels like something is dragging. I've had a full tune up as well.

The coolant always being brown indicates either very extensive corrosion in the cooling system, or possibly a head gasket issue. If the condition of the oil seems good (not milky or creamy), then it may just be extensive cooling system corrosion. I would try having the radiator removed and thoroughly cleaned, as well as the cooling system / engine block flushed while it’s out. Replace the thermostat at the same time. The rough running may very well be caused by a coolant temperature sensor that is not reading properly, either from being coated with corrosion, or simply an intermittent fault that is not setting the check engine light on. A certified technician can scan the system to located the cause of the rough running and inspect the cooling system.

• There is something amiss with the performance of my car, but no warnings saying what.