The remote starter quite working on my 2015 3500 LTZ Silv...

Q: The remote starter quite working on my 2015 3500 LTZ Silverado Duramax. There is no check engine light.

asked by on November 21, 2017

The remote start function quit working on my truck. It worked yesterday and one time this morning but not on the second attempt. I put the key in the ignition, started it normally and drove to work. When I got there I tried using the remote start again but no luck. The remote locks the doors and the light blink when I press the start button but there is no other response. I also tried the second FOB but no luck either. There is no check engine light.

The remote start may not activate if the systems show there is not a correct condition for the remote start to activate. If there is a problem in the body control module security system that may be a problem in cold weather or change in temperature can cause this problem. I recommend getting a scan of the computer systems to see if there is any stored codes that may not turn on check engine light but may cause remote start to not work.