Q: The heater and airconditioning dont work the fan dont turn on.

The heater and air conditioning doesn't work when I try to turn it on the fan doesn't even turn on. I check the fuse on the side of the dash it is still good I just want to know what I can do to fix it.

A: Both the heater and the air conditioner dep...

Both the heater and the air conditioner depend on the blower motor to create the flow of air you are missing. Even if the fuse is working, the unit may be faulty. If you are familiar with voltage testing, you can use a voltmeter to test the available voltage at the blower. This would tell you if the blower had the power it needed to work. If it does, and it doesn't work, the unit is bad. They are not serviceable and you will have to buy a new blower motor. You may be able to cut a few dollars by getting a used one from a trusted junk yard or mechanic yard. New blowers are not very expensive and if possible, always buy a new unit.

Replacing a blower motor is very easy. Disconnect the negative battery cable for safety. Disconnect the power supply to the blower. Remove the retaining bolts and duct work from the blower. To install, reverse the procedure.

If you'd like some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you to diagnose the issue with your air conditioning firsthand and help you make an accurate repair.