Q: The bushing in the extension housing spins out. I have new extension housing, yoke, drive shaft, and u joints.

The bushing in the extension housing spins out. They've put 2 new ones already and same thing happens. I have new extension housing, yoke, drive shaft, and u joints. Dealer says they can't figure out what it is that everything they put is re done been in and out the dealer since June. What is causing to keep happening over n over again can it be the drive shaft that's causing it to vibrate out or can it be the t case causing this. They supposedly balanced n weighed it but I have no trust in the dealer or their mechincs anymore.

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle’s extension housing bushing repeatedly spinning out, something is being overlooked. Replacing all the components, without determining the cause, is not working. My thought is, look into the pinion angle of the differential. It could be, off because of a suspension lift or worn suspension springs. Too much movement of the differential upon take-off and coming to a stop, could put undo stress on the extension housing bushing. If, the cause is a driveline vibration concern, it should be felt while driving. A lack of lubrication at the slip-yoke, would show signs of excessive heat. I recommend having your vehicle’s extension housing bushing spins out be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.

3. The bushing in the extension housing spins out. I have new extension housing, yoke, drive shaft, and u joints.