Q: Car will not stop beeping even while driving

asked by on March 07, 2017

Car will not stop beeping while driving

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle will give you an audible beeping for several reasons. Typically it is to indicate the door is open or that people sitting in the seats are not buckled in. If all doors, the fuel door, the truck, and the hood are properly sealed, then one of the sensors for these components has likely failed. If no warning lights on the dash are lit up letting you know there is an issue, then you will want to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes. These will hopefully tell you what system is detecting an electrical issue. If there are no codes, you will have to manually test these components with a voltmeter to make sure the input and output signals are reading correctly. For more help with this electrical testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.