Q: sudden clinging noise this morning coming from the front end

driving to work this morning i stopped at the store as i slowed down to park i heard a clinging noise coming from the front end. (sounded like dragging aluminum cans) once i drove off the noise continued but as i accerlated more the sound became faint. slowing down at the stop light and parking i heard the clinging noise again. i got to work and check underneath to see if anything was hanging down and didnt see anything. i didnt notice the transmission slipping so i am not sure what is going on. please help!

Hi there. Without being there to inspect or test drive your vehicle, it’s very difficult to pinpoint what might be the cause or source of front end noise. However, in some cases, this is caused by an internal component inside the transfer case or transmission that may have broken or is coming loose. It’s also possible; especially if you’re experiencing a shaking sensation in the steering wheel; that a suspension component might be damaged. The best way to accurately pinpoint the source of the issue you’re having is to have a professional mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection at your location.