Q: Struggles to turn on and stay on during cold conditions

In the mornings with these cold conditions the truck struggles to turn on and to stay on! It takes a good 4-5 cranks before it stays on! In my opinion it feels like it's a lack of fuel but not sure! Fuel pump has been replaced about 5 months ago! What's next ?

Hi there:

One of the most overlooked issues that can cause hard starting when it’s cold is a malfunctioning engine coolant temperature sensor. If the coolant level is low, the coolant temperature sensor can send false information to the computer, causing a hard start or a cold start poor running condition as you’re describing above. The best way to diagnose this is to connect a digital scanner to the sensor and manually compare the temperature on the sensor to the temperature on the meter. If you don’t have access to this, contact a mobile technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and complete an inspection and diagnose why your car is hard to start in cold weather.