Q: Evaporation Emission System

Check engine light came on Dealer says found plug "ripped out" of evap control at back of car & needs wiring harness. how does it get "ripped out"???

A: This is not a common problem when it comes ...

This is not a common problem when it comes to evaporation emission systems. Although, it is not possible to tell how it may have been ripped out, I would recommend getting a second opinion by another qualified mechanic such as one from YourMechanic as this is very uncommon and suggests that someone may have tampered with this. As you may know the harness for this system is tucked away up underneath the rear of the car and powers things like the EVAP solenoid and other components related to the emissions system. Since this is an imperative system and will cause the car to fail an emissions test, I would recommend having this EVAP issue diagnosed at your earliest convenience.