Q: Steering wheel vibration when braking

asked by on May 12, 2016

When I'm driving at high speeds, there is a terrible vibration in my steering wheel. When driving downtown at low speeds, there's no vibration. My mileage is 64,254. Can you help me know what to do to fix this? Thanks so much!

Steering wheel vibrates or shakes Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Most likely, your tires and/or wheels are out of balance. Balance problems are typically most evident at speeds above 45 miles per hour. A professional can inspect your vehicle to determine if this is indeed the issue. If it is, they can balance your tire/wheel as long as the runout isn’t too severe. The expert technicians at YourMechanic would be happy to help with your steering vibration issue.