Q: Steering wheel vibration when braking

When I'm driving at high speeds, there is a terrible vibration in my steering wheel. When driving downtown at low speeds, there's no vibration. My mileage is 64,254. Can you help me know what to do to fix this? Thanks so much!

A: Most likely, your tires and/or wheels are o...

Most likely, your tires and/or wheels are out of balance. Balance problems are typically most evident at speeds above 45 miles per hour. A professional can inspect your vehicle to determine if this is indeed the issue. If it is, they can balance your tire/wheel as long as the runout isn't too severe. The expert technicians at YourMechanic would be happy to help with your steering vibration issue.