Q: At 70 mph, braking in rain, car pulls hard to the right

When braking at high speeds of 70 mph in the rain, on the interstate, my car intermittently pulls hard to the right. To pull the car deep into the right-hand lane takes full forcing. This has occurred around 8 times. Mostly, I drive locally in town and usually in dry weather at speeds under 55 mph. The dealership has not been able to duplicate the defect and has not found any problem yet with my car. Could you please give me your diagnosis?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2004 Jaguar XJ8. If you have any kind or even a little brake pulsation in the brakes when you stop, this may cause a wheel to momentary stop in wet weather when you brake. Have the front rotors replaced and pads replaced to fix any brake pulsation. This is only a suggestion and may not fix the problem. If you would like a diagnosis before making this repair, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the braking and pulling issue.