Q: Why does my B1 service code show? I serviced it 3 months ago

asked by on October 19, 2016

When should a B1 occur and why does it? How does it know when your oil needs change? I always use the same gas for my car and its the middle gas....

The service intervals for Hondas are set to turn on the service light at a certain mileage and should be every 5,000 miles. If whoever did your last service did not reset the service back to zero then the light would of come on shortly after having the service done. I would recommend taking the vehicle to a mechanic and have the reminder reset for you.

Make sure to track the mileage and take your car in for service at the recommended mileage and have the maintenance light reset every time you get the service back to zero again.