Q: Steering wheel locking up.

The steering wheel is constantly locking on its own. It can take hours for the wheel to unlock so that I can start the car.

The theft system on your car can have an intermittent problem of being disabled because of having other keys or metal items on your key ring. These items may be interfering with the code key to disable the system for you. When you try and turn the key too many times the system goes into lock out and you have to wait for it to reset after 2 to 3 hours. I recommend you try and remove excessive items from your key ring and try that. If that works then your problem is fixed. If this does not fix it then try your extra key if you have one. If you still have issues then you can seek help from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic.