Q: Steering noise

Hello My steering feels to be sticking when I turn slow and makes a squeaky noise. I have video of the sound if needed. It started about 2 weeks. My truck is lifted 7 inches, but I took it to a shop who looked it over twice and assured me its not the suspension or lift. It is definitely in the steering column. They checked the pinon rack and said it wasnt loose. So I am lost. They said it was out of there abilities to diagnose. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Ryan Melanson

Hi Ryan:

Without being there to physically inspect your GMC Sierra, it’s virtually impossible to tell you where to start looking. In most cases, when you have a suspension alternation completed, the steering also will require some aftermarket fabrication components or work to ensure this problem doesn’t occur. It really depends on what service you had completed on your GMC, but you should probably have one of our mobile mechanics complete a steering wheel is hard to turn inspection; so they can examine your GMC and determine what repairs will solve your issue.

3. Steering noise