Q: Can't turn steering wheel

My car's power steering is locked up. The car starts fine, I just can't turn the steering wheel.

A: The information provided for your Nissan Al...

The information provided for your Nissan Altima is a bit limited. However, if you are able to start the vehicle, then the problem may lay in the hydraulic power steering system. Failure of the power steering pump or failure with the rack & pinion can cause your Altima’s steering wheel to lock up, and thus, prevent it from turning. However to be 100% certain that this is the problem, I recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and inspect your Nissan in person. They will have the experience and tools necessary to identify why you are unable to move your steering wheel. They will also be able to assist in the repairs necessary to allow you to steer your Nissan with ease and comfort.