Q: Something banged underneath

Sounded like someone had thrown something at the car but they hadn't the sound had come from under the car passenger side. Now it feels weird, lose and has a knocking sound going over bumps. Is it safe to drive? It's still under 3 month warranty but the garage bought from is 60 miles away to take it back.

A knocking or banging sound like that you are describing is probably due to a suspension fault (like a loose strut or bad ball joint) or perhaps a poorly suspended exhaust system is banging on the car frame body when you hit a bump. The risk that these faults pose, if these are even the issue, just depends on how bad the situation is. The only way to tell if the car is safe to drive or not is to have a knowledgeable mechanic inspect the vehicle and determine the cause. Inasmuch as the car could be unsafe, I do recommend you request a noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will let you know both the cause of the problem and the cost to repair it.

3. Something banged underneath