Q: Should my car not be driven out of town if all the above is happening?

Shaking when driven and check engine light blinks after it hits 50

The Check Engine Light may be caused by many different things. The shaking may be caused by a poor fuel delivery problem such as a faulty or dirty mass airflow sensor. The mass air flow sensor reads air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This can cause the shaking you describe above 50 mph. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your Check Engine Light firsthand and service your mass air flow sensor as necessary.

• Should my car not be driven out of town if all the above is happening?