Q: Traction control light light/reduced power message. Engine light stays on when car turned off/on, but traction control will clear

90,000 miles car was hit in driver's rear and then swiped by another vehicle in the passenger front. The car was never fixed right, had to go back several times to get many issues resolved. (Never balanced tires,etc...) Then sensors started going and a valve stem was cracked, etc... Unsure if some things are accident related or just coincindence with the amount of miles on it, things start to go. Low tires pressure warnings, traction control, etc... Had a friend hook up a reader/tester came with a code P2135, throttle and pedal issues. Queston is: What is usually involved in this repair and what should an average cost of repairs be? (hours/parts). Is this something too involved to fix on my own?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The P2135 OBD-II error code indicates that the Power Control Module (PCM) has detected an erroneous reading regarding the voltages transmitted by throttle position sensor A or B, the accelerator pedal position sensor and or the actual throttle plate. If one throttle position sensor is reading at half throttle and the other is reading at full throttle, the PCM will set a code P2135 because the voltage readings will be so remote that it is impossible for the data to be accurate. Typically, once a professional mechanic downloads all stored error codes, they will test drive a vehicle to try and replicate any symptoms you’re experiencing to correctly diagnose this problem. Once they determine what damage has occurred to sensors, or electrical connectors, they’ll be able to recommend repairs that will fix your issue. You should start by having a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection first.