Q: Should I replace the spark plug boots and coiks when I time up my 2005 sts it has a misfire

Should I replace the spark plug boots and coiks when I time up my 2005 sts it has a misfire

The cause of the misfire should be identified first before any parts are replaced. It may have absolutely nothing to do with the ignition system but rather the fuel system or the air induction system. In particular, an attempt should be made to download diagnostic trouble codes to determine, for instance, if the misfire is cylinder specific or is a random misfire affecting all cylinders. If the spark plugs are halfway or more through their service life, it’s harmless to replace them. As far as the coils though, they are not a maintenance item and should only be replaced if the coil contacts are corroded, the coils are physically damaged or do not pass a coil test. If you want these, and the other necessary diagnostic steps, performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a misfiring diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this problem diagnosed and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Should I replace the spark plug boots and coiks when I time up my 2005 sts it has a misfire