Q: Second opinion on a front lower control arm issue.

asked by on October 19, 2016

I took my car to dealer and he suggested lower control arms are broke both left and right front. But I wanted to get a second Opinion so took it VA auto N tires ans they said us normal wear an tear

However I don't feel any noise or vibration while driving . Pls suggest

Hi there. I seriously doubt that both or either lower control arm is broken; if that was the case you wouldn’t have been able to drive your vehicle to another shop for a second opinion.

My best guess would be that the control arm bushings may be split or broken. Are you experiencing any noise, vibration, or wobble while driving? Does the vehicle pull while braking? If any of these are the case, then the control arm bushings may be the cause.

However, I suggest a qualified technician perform a good safety inspection on the vehicle and provide a detailed report to put your mind at ease. YourMechanic has several qualified technicians available that can assist you with a safety inspection and provide a detailed report to provide you with an estimate and direction of needed repairs.