Q: Runs fine for days then acts like running out of gas and then dies and try restart and runs then dies ,when I turn key on you hea

I then turn key on and you hear pump in gas tank pump up ,but you donot hear external pump ,you let sit an hour and starts and runs fine and you hear external pump running while engine is running ,replaced both fuel pumps three years ago and fuel pump relay feels hot ? I am thinking external pump is bad.

3. Runs fine for days then acts like running out of gas and then dies and try restart and runs then dies ,when I turn key on you hea