Q: Replaced both CV axles car still won't move can shift the gears put in park made grinding noise automatic transmission

asked by on June 20, 2017

I was driving and heard a loud thump pulled over to see what was wrong I didn't see anything got back in car and put it in drive wouldn't move .CV axle broke had it towed home replaced both front CV axles but car still won't move I can shift the gears and when I put it in park it made a grinding noise I had the axles checked to make sure there in right and they are when the car is jacked up you can spin the tires by hand and have to stop the spinning by hand.

Hi there. In most cases, when a CV axle breaks while the vehicle is in motion, additional damage will be done to transmission components or gear system components as well. The only way we can really help is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car will not move forward inspection, to see if they can inspect the vehicle at your location and determine what is causing this problem.