Q: drive side (L.H) lower control arm does it have tenssion on it? If so what will i need to get the tension off?

asked by on February 01, 2017

Trying to fix my control arm after ice storm slid into a curb

Control Arm Assembly Replacement $115.19 - $913.70 Get a Quote

Considerable disassembly is required on this model in order to remove and replace the left lower control arm. Among the many steps in the repair procedure, the steering shaft linkage must be disconnected and the sub frame of the vehicle must be lowered to access the control arm mounting bolts. Lowering the subframe requires disconnecting the a/c compressor, radiator support and other components. Due to the complexity, and the need for frame alignment pins, when the sub-frame is re-torqued to the vehicle unibody, it is recommended that you request professional replacement of the control arm. If you request that repair service, the responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.