Q: Moving a rusted car

My car sat outside for about 4 months. My brake rotors have rusted and it’s rusted to the calipers. The car will not move on it’s own in set in neutral gear. It’s on a low grade hill and a manual. Do you have any ideas on how I can move my car without damaging it? Right now I would need to get it jumped to start it.

Hello. If it will not move because of the rust built up on the rotors and pads, then the wheels and calipers should be removed and the rust cleaned from the rotors and pads. This will help to free it up if it cannot be done with some force. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your brake system and can replace your rotors and pads if necessary.