Q: Car clicks before starting

My car makes a click when starting, and i restart it and the car starts? Why is this happening

It sounds like you may have a starter solenoid that may be in the beginning stages of failing or potentially a weak battery. Typically, when a battery is weak you may have some erratic start failures that will usually result in a clicking sound as you describe. Occasionally, the battery may have enough power to turn the car over the next time you try it.

A clicking sound may also be generated when the starter solenoid is beginning to fail as well. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

3. Car clicks before starting