Q: Brake squeaking when releasing brake pedal

Hello. I have a 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan with only less than 36,000 miles on it. The past 2 months i noticed a squeaky noise on the brakes...or maybe drums coming from the back....but it only happens when i release the brake pedal. Any suggestions. AUTOZONE GAVE ME A $280 PARTS REPLACEMENT ESTIMATE.. AND A FRIEND SAYS IT MIGHT JUST BE MY CALIBERS.. ..HOW MUCH AT MOST IS JUST TO FIX EVERYTHING IN RELATION TO MY BRAKES. THANK YOU

It could be that you have some debris from brake lining wear built up in the drums that is making the noise, if that’s the case a simple brake shoe replacement will do the trick. It could also be that the Auto Zone guys are right about the hardware, but it seems pretty early in the life of the car for that. But nobody can tell you for sure what it will take without doing an inspection. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your brake noise and let you know what it will take to solve it.

3. Brake squeaking when releasing brake pedal