Q: No start condition

I received this 1991 cavalier z24 from a good friend who I grew up with. He purchased it 4 years ago with 140,000 miles on it and drove it daily for 4 years. 3 months ago he purchased another 1991 cavalier with a 3500 engine swap. He let this car sit and started it once in while. He asked me if I wanted it and told me it wasn't running. I towed it home, put a fresh battery in it and checked for fuel pressure, 60 psi on first key turn to on position and 65 when I cranked it over so I don't believe it's a fuel pump. I have yet to check for spark, but that's going to be next. I had noticed that the oil pressure sending unit up by the coil packs was unplugged as well as egr valve, I plugged both in and tried it hoping maybe simple, but wasn't the problem. I checked ecm fuse and all the others as well, any suggestions if it has good spark and still won't start?5

Hello. A no start condition can be caused by many things. The most common causes are issues with the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. If you have verified the fuel pressure the next thing I would is try and determine if the engine is getting spark. A problem with an ignition component such as the ignition coil or module may leave the vehicle without spark, which will lead to no start condition. It may be possible that the engine has fuel pressure, but is not getting fuel, perhaps due to faulty injectors or an engine management issue. A test using starting fluid may be able to determine if there is a fuel delivery or ignition issue present. Another thing to consider would be the fuel. If the vehicle has sat for a long period of time with the same fuel it may be possible that the fuel has gone stale and needs to be replaced with fresh fuel. As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your no start condition.