Q: Problem with AC

When I accelerate up to 30 MPH (and beyond) my AC switches from blowing forward, to blowing out of the dash like a defroster. Then, when I stop accelerating it switches back. What might be causing this and how much do you think it'll cost to fix?

You have a leak in the A/C vacuum system. Look out in the engine compartment near the blower A/C evaporator case for a vacuum line with a small vacuum canister and look for leaks in the hose or canister. The A/C vacuum system operates the A/C blend doors and defaults to defrost mode when vacuum is lost. If you’re interested in having this done, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the AC and quote you on any repairs that are necessary,

3. Problem with AC