Q: Power window stuck in the down position

The power window on the passenger's side quit working. It was working fine while I was out shopping, but had got stuck in the down position by the time I got home. I heard no weird noises or had any warning before it got stuck.

This is typically what occurs when the window motor or regulator fails. Most of the time, it is the motor. The motor could have already been getting weak, and when this occurs the motor can lower the window because it is easier on it, and it is too hard for it to lift it back up. I typically remove the door panel and check for power at the motor. If there is power, then the motor is bad. If there is no power then there may be an issue with the power supply due to a switch or fuse problem. If this is something that you are looking to have done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the window and make the appropriate repair.