Q: Possible exhaust leak - 1998 Ford Mustang

I am buying a mustang from someone online and they say the only issue is that there may be an exhaust leak. Would this be expensive tool fix? Would it be more of a hassle to fix the car rather than purchase it?

Hi there. Most of the time Mustangs tend to have exhaust leaks on the wide pipe where the pipe connects to the manifolds. The part that usually burns up is called a donut. Other times, there are exhaust leaks on the manifolds. If you do buy it I recommend fixing the exhaust leaks and checking the vehicle over for any other issues.

All vehicles will have maintenance issues to repair, especially if they are 8 years old. Before you buy the vehicle, I would highly suggest to seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to perform a pre-purchase inspection on the car to assess it’s overall condition and pinpoint any other potential issues.