Q: Plugs getting wet and not staring

My land rover is wetting plugs and very difficult to start and it smelts fuel when the engine is running. have changed plugs like 3 times within a period of two weeks. What can be the cause

Hello and thanks for writing in. It sounds like you may have a leaking fuel injector or potentially a bad fuel pressure regulator resulting in an excessively rich fuel condition. This will cause the spark plugs to foul out like you have described and result in problems with starting due to the excess fuel present in the combustion chamber. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your fuel injection system to determine what may be causing this.

3. Plugs getting wet and not staring