Q: Passenger doors have no power

I just purchased a 2000 Volkswagen passat. The passenger side mirror,both passenger Windows and locks as well as the sunroof and interior light does not work. Everything works on the drivers side as well as both heated seats. I'm sure that all the problems are caused by one thing just not sure what. I checked the comfort control module and it seems to be in good shape with no corrosion or moisture in the area

A: The first thing I would check are the veh...

Hello.

The first thing I would check are the vehicle's interior fuses. I would make sure that none of them are blown, and replace any that are. It may be possible that the fuses to those circuits may have blown and disabled the circuit.

Next, I would carefully examine the switches and wiring to those components. Faulty switches or wiring may also lead to component malfunctions. This is more likely if the issues are on one side of the vehicle, as is the case with yours.

Finally, it may also be possible that the motors or actuators to these components have failed, and need to be replaced.

As the possibilities could be many, and inspection would require disassembly of the interior, I would recommend having the vehicle's electrical problems diagnosed by a professional technician, to determine the best course of action.