Q: Overheating now hesitates today start 2001 Buick LeSabre

My car is overheating within the first couple minutes of driving. It was suggested that we replace the thermostat but that made no difference. There is a burning smell and the radiator is not hot at all. The radiator fluid is also brown not green. It takes alittle longer to get hot but it still does.The antifreeze level is fine. Now even if its not over heated, it will sometimes hestitate to start. What could this be?

Hi there - I think your cooling system needs careful attention. If the thermostat was replaced, the system may not have been adequately bled, and there is a large air pocket in the engine. This will cause a rapid overheat. The "some coolant brown, but the reservoir has new green fluid" also indicates a poor coolant flush and refill process as well. I would recommend a thorough coolant flush service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, get you back to an operating condition, and diagnose further problems.