Q: Ny xar ia a 2003 kia spectra wuth 178,000 moles on it. The ch

Ny xar ia a 2003 kia spectra wuth 178,000 moles on it. The check engine light stays on most of the time. When it goes off the car runs smooth. Whe I am driving it will gear down and the chevk engine will come back on.

Hi there. Since the Check Engine Light is coming on I would start by checking the computer for codes. Any codes can assist with diagnosing the vehicle. If there are not any codes then I will usually monitor the sensor readings to see if any of them are reading incorrectly. From what you are saying it sounds like it may need a tune up or may have a failing ignition coil. There are a number of parts that can cause this to occur. If you are planning on having this misfire or hesitation to be checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.