Q: No crank, no start. Some electrics work (headlights, day time running lamps) no windows or radio.

I have an 03 Silverado LS w/ 5.3 gas. I was driving driving and the car suddenly stalled. Initially I was able to get clicks, but no crank. Now I get nothing but a battery light and transmission gauge (i.e., p d r, etc.) thought it maybe crankshaft position sensor but got nothin after installation. Took battery (duralast gold approx 2 years old) to autozone and it tested out fine, brought it home and got the same outcomes. The starter was replaced 5 or so months ago.

A: From what you've described, you may hav...

From what you've described, you may have a shorted vehicle harness in one of two places. First, check near the battery brackets for the main computer harness chafing on the bracket. Afterwards, check the other the wire harness located under the drivers as it may be getting pinched. I suggest getting this looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs.