Q: Does cigarette smoke damage new window tint film?

I just got film on my windows and they told me that I should wait a week before doing anything with them or rolling down the windows. So I'm wondering if smoking, sometimes hotboxing, in the car will affect the tint film either in this next week or just in general.

Hi there. Window tint should be fine in your vehicle. Depending on how the tint was installed, the tint should be ready for use almost immediately. If the tint film was put on with water and a squeegee, then you would need to leave the windows slightly cracked down to vent the vehicle to allow the film to dry properly. Too much pressure on the film will make it bubble up and peel. If you need further assistance with the window tint film, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.