Q: Newly installed brakes are grinding

My dad and I just changed the front rotors and pads on our car. The brakes are Pro Stop Ceramic rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads and they are specifically made for our vehicle. My dad has worked on cars in the past and knew what to do after some memory refreshing on YouTube, and I helped a bit. We installed the brakes correctly as far as we can tell, using grease and lock tight etc., everywhere that we needed to. We sprayed off the rotors and pads as well. However, after finishing the front brakes and putting the tires back on, I drove around the block and the brakes were making a horrible grinding noise. The vehicle braked fine, but the noise sounded terrible. The grind only happens when I brake. What could be the problem?

A: It sounds like you may have a brake pad tha...

It sounds like you may have a brake pad that’s in backwards or a clip that is out of position. The best thing to do is to drive slow and have someone walk next to the vehicle and listen to see what wheel is creating the noise. Take that wheel back off and inspect all of its components to see what was installed incorrectly. Check to make sure that the brake pads and clips are installed correctly. If you find something wrong during this period, check the other brakes to make sure of the installation. If you need help with these checks, have a certified mechanic help you diagnose and fix your grinding brakes.